Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Thoughts on the New "Ben-Hur" film?

With the latest version of Lew Wallace's tale coming to theaters this weekend, I guess this would be the time to discuss if anyone is interested in the film? I would like to get a discussion for this post and if it plays well, then it shall be a weekly discussion. 

I have seen the 1959 version with Charlton Heston and I really enjoy the historical aspects and setting of the film, plus the chariot race sequence is stunning to watch. While I am not a religious person, I am a fan of historical epics like "Spartacus", "El Cid", "Lawrence of Arabia" and many others. I am curious in checking the new version of it in theaters. 

What do you think? Will you go see it? Not see it? Or wait till it comes out on Redbox? Write your thoughts below and thanks for participating.

No comments:

Post a Comment